Caseworker Open position
Position: Case Worker
Position Supervisor: Social Service Program Manager
Department: Social Service Department
Status: Full Time (Temporary)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: HOAS Case worker works as a Social Service Assistant and is responsible for helping people with their needs and follow up with it. Help the clients with life-altering conditions to gain case follow up and other community services. CASE Worker
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ask the client to choose in the language they prefer and assign the clients to the staff
that speaks their native language
• Conduct a need assessment for each client and plan a services plan.
• Make sure explaining the process, content, and the need of confidentiality agreement (FERPA) and liability waiver and let the clients sign before providing any services.
• Complete intake form with the client’s needs and plan services or refer to in house or other services.
• Maintain appropriate paperwork, documentation and submit reports of program activities as required.
• Assessing cases and compiling case reports containing relevant information.
• Ensuring that case reports are kept up to date.
• Providing support, guidance, and counsel to families in need.
• Making referrals or introductions to other HOAS approved agencies.
• Scheduling and escorting individuals to appointments with HOAS lawyer, counselors, and other program managers.
• Motivating individuals to participate in other important programs and events within
• Prioritize data integrity and security in all activities and keep the documents in a secured cabinets and computers with unshared password.
• He or she shall perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with clients.
• A 2-year college degree required.
• Dual East African language speaker is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a given case.
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently need changing frequently.
• High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Have dependable means of transportation.
In addition to the listed duties and responsibilities all HOAS employees shall expected to enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (Between 9AM-6PM) Salary/Income: Hourly rate with benefits.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected], or [email protected]
Application deadline: August 5, 2022