Grant Writer Open Position
Position: Grant writer
Position Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Status: Full-time
Position Description: HOAS Grant Writer is a full-time position that reports directly to the Executive Director of Horn of Africa Services. The Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a donor database for the future use.
THE GRANT WRITER DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
● Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
● Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant.
● Work with department managers to compile all documents including financials and other data.
● Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
● Develops and maintains a proposal calendar.
● Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals.
● Develops an annual grants strategy and conduct periodic fund raising.
● Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants.
● Conduct periodic fund-raising events depending on the need of the organization.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
● Conduct and cultivate the donor's database.
● A minimum of 3 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience is preferred.
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
● Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals.
● Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
● Previous grant and donor’s network are preferred.
● Clear, precise and compelling writing skills and able to effectively communicate with immigrants and refugee.
● Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced.
● High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Must have access to dependable transportation.
In addition to the listed duties and responsibilities all HOAS employees shall expected to enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Salary/Income: Hourly rate with full benefits.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Application deadline: August 5, 2022, 5:00 PM local time.